=> Be That One Boring Broad
Am I hipster enough for an Instagram photo?
Nicknames: Lathrine, Lath(y)/(bby), Vex
Favorite play(s): Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Merchant of Venice
Favorite role(s): Nerissa, Ophelia
Favorite musical(s): Legally Blonde, Newsies
Instrument: Folk Harp (level noob)
Title: Page of Hope
World: The Land of Portals and Thunder
Pet: Tawny owl
Wand: Pear and Dragon Heartstring, 10 1/4in, slightly yielding
-Actress! Well, kind of. I really love theatre and I love acting on stage, but I don’t have very much experience yet. I’ve been in three plays (King Henry the IV, Merchant of Venice, Hamlet) plus a handful of scenes from other plays (The Tempest, King Leer) and did a skit (358 Days Before We Part) with my friends that won us an award at a convention.
- Talking! I actually really like to do it, despite what it seems at times. I can talk an awful lot about nothing much in particular (usually fandom related things.) It’s really hard to get me to shut up if you get me talking about something I’m passionate about (theatre, pottermore wands, World of Warcraft lore.)
But when it comes to talking about my personal life, things about me, my home life, my ~feelings~… That’s usually where I get quiet. I’ll talk a lot about myself, but I won’t usually say anything. Secretly, I’d probably wouldn’t mind it. But it’s a very difficult subject for me to get on, as I’m naturally a very private person, and I see myself as pretty boring and uninteresting. I’m a fairly normal person!
- Writing! Oh man I absolutely LOVE to write. It’s been one of my biggest passions for years. I write a lot of both fanfiction and original stories- though usually, the fanfiction is the only thing people will ever see. I’m painfully self conscious of any of my original work, so I tend to just hide that away on my harddrive and vaguely reference it. The fanfiction, however, is absolutely fair game, even if I don’t tend to finish any of it. I mostly tend to write things for Kingdom Hearts, but I have been known to dabble in Jak and Daxter and Naruto (no judging) as well. I try to be really picky about the quality of my fanfics, and I try to stick to canon unless I have a reasonable headcanon. But I’ve also kind of resigned myself to the fact that most people are just going to know my fanfics by the weird shit on my ff.net account.
- Cosplay! I have adored costumes for as long as I’ve lived, so it really isn’t surprising that cosplaying is extremely attractive to me. I have a long list of future costumes, but I lack almost all of the skills require to make them, so it’s very slow going. Right now I cosplay Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, and Homestuck. But in the near future I’ll probably be adding Legend of Korra to that list!
- Stories! I’m the kind of person that will spend most the time of any experience mulling over how to tell it later. Even if I forget it before I can tell it, or it ends up being boring, or whatever, I’ll walk away from pretty much everything with the vague outline of a story. It’s not necessarily that I think my life is a fascinating thing (it’s not), it’s just I really, really love telling stories and sharing my experiences with people. Even if I’m a private person, to a crippling extent. It’s why I tend to vlog conventions, share stories from theatre, or talk about the adorable small child I met at the library. I tend to be a bit of a social butterfly once I’m comfortable, and I like to include people in my life!
I tend to filter out most of it before it hits a text post, because I know not many people are interested in hearing about my largely boring life. But that’s why I’ll post old pictures from theatre, or briefly talk about my vacation to the beach. It’s something that was special to me or I greatly enjoyed, so even if I was totally alone at the time, I want to talk about it and include people in it.
- People! I usually love meeting people and making friends. The trouble is, I can be really bad at communication! I’m very bad at confronting people, even if it’s over something as little as “Hey want to read this thing I wrote?” I love talking with people! I can just be bad at the talky thing sometimes, but if you don’t mind that, feel free to chat it up with me! If you ever need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on, or even just someone to reblog cute puppy pictures when you’re feeling sad, just remember that I’m right here. c:
I’m really bad at giving relevant advice, but listening to people and finding good ways to say “Everything’s going to be alright” are my specialties.
- Friends! My friends are pmuch some of the most important people in my life, and I love them very much.
-Personal! Like I said earlier, I tend to be a social butterfly, and it’s to an almost crippling degree. Simply put; I need social interaction! If I go too long without getting any, I start getting the sad. I’d almost call myself an extrovert, but I also have some introvert traits. So I suppose that I’m just human!
In meatspace, I’m a very touchy-feely person. I express my affection, both platonic and romantic, through hugs, cuddles, draping myself all over people, and, very rarely, forehead/nose kisses. I’ve been raised in a household that huuugely expresses affection through physical contact, and that aspect of my life just fused itself into my personality. I mean no harm by it, and I know that a lot of people aren’t comfortable with physical contact! I’m usually very good about not touching until I know whether or not people are alright with my absurd amounts of physical platonic affection. If you aren’t comfortable with being touched, that’s fine! Handshakes and enthusiastic waves are perfectly acceptable. Hug-at-first-meet is a thing that usually only happens at conventions, and I don’t sprawl myself across people unless I know them very well.
I can pop my right arm partially out of its socket! I do it literally all the time, usually when I’m bored.
I’m paranoid about stupid, little things! Or I guess, I’m just kind of a paranoid person. If we’re being honest.
I forever feel loved when people worry about me, but I also feel like a huge attention whore if I say/do anything that would cause people to worry about me.
Sometimes I write tags or make posts that sound really kind of melodrama-y or sad. I always feel like embarrassed about those tags/posts by the next day, so I apologize in advance!
I have very sensitive fingertips, though they usually go through cycles of hypersensitive -> normal -> hypersensitive -> normal. It’s part of the reason I like doing things with my hands! Sculpting with clay is very appealing because it has a very smooth texture, whereas I love acrylic paint because of the varying textures it makes. I’m also helpless around putty of any kind- if there’s some on my desk, it will inevitably end up in my hands and be worried at for hours on end. However, I can’t stand running my fingers along standard painted walls for more than a couple seconds. That specific texture actually makes me feel physically unwell.
Aaaand… that’s about it! Suddenly, you know more about me than you probably wanted to.